Monday, February 18, 2019

The Labor Of Love...


"If more of us valued food and cheer
and song above hoarded gold,
it would be a merrier world."
- J.R.R. Tolkien 


This past weekend... was the FIRST
time I attempted my PRECIOUS... Momma's
FAMOUS soup recipe!

The original recipe reside's on a old piece of wood...
that I've searched high & low for, BUT... know in my heart
that it's inside these walls, JUST where though!  
At the moment I don't know... 

So... I took to a recipe found in Momma's 
recipe's that held the same 
name & ingredients of what's to be found on the 
ole' wood piece.

Prep started on Saturday & then finished on 
Sunday morning... for Sunday's dinner.

To say there were tears would be an understatement...
it was balling tears... knowing how proud Momma 
would be to see that her legacy STILL lives on.

My hubby had longed for THIS soup
since Momma had went on to be with The Lord.
I kept enticing him with other meals & recipes...
knowing my heart wasn't ready to attempt SUCH.

And... NOW, I'm beaming with JOY...
hearing him speak THESE words, 'this soup tastes JUST
like your Momma's'!


I understand... Momma's labor of love... 
the gathering of ingredients & the moments 
spent over the stove were ALL for her family!

The HOMEMADE... potato soup 
brings about a feeling of home... a warmth; 
a feeding of the soul that NO other taste could offer!

Unfortunately at this time I'm unable to share
the recipe... due to it being published.
SO... stay tuned THIS year for recipes...
from Vina B's Collection!

BUT... for now... you're WELCOME
to sit at our table; laugh in our home... & enjoy
a comfort of HOMEMADE goodness!

With My Love... 

No comments:

Post a Comment

GREETINGS... from the farm & THANK YOU... for your time visiting here! I'm DELIGHTED... & hope YOU a blessed, JOYFUL day! ~Pamela Rene