Tuesday, February 12, 2019

JUST In Time 4 Valentine's Day...


But friendship is the 
breathing rose,
with SWEETS in every fold.
- Oliver Wendell Holmes Sr.

 When you have LOTS & lots of happenings
throughout each day... it's a BLESSING
to be able to resort to a quick way!

NOT that I prefer the quicker way of
baking; gardening OR creating a home... BUT,
in order to offer a SPECIAL 
treat, sometimes we have to lean 
that direction.

THESE... cherry bites are for instance...

I'm like my PRECIOUS... Momma...
in many ways, especially when it comes
to homesteading duties.

Her go to for any dough rolling 
would be an ole' flour towel, even though
the pastry mat waited inside her stone crocks,
she preferred her way!
Often times... she used the 
vintage, oatmeal glassware to cut her
rolled dough.

Here you find me using an old biscuit/cookie
cutter... BUT, I have been known to follow
her footsteps with the glassware.


I've used both ready made... Pillsbury Pie Crust
& homemade in THIS easy, peasy sweet... due 
to the flakiness of homemade... I choose
the ready made with it's pliable 
consistency & thinness. 

After cutting out all your pastry circles...
spoon in cherry pie filling by ONLY 
using one cherry per shape.
Pinch sides as shown in photos... & tuck
into a glass baking dish... I prefer vintage, 
as always to create more of a HOME feeling.

Right before dish goes into the oven...
I sprinkle granular sugar over the 
cherry pie filling... 

Bake at 400 degrees for about 20 minutes...
give OR take depending on individuals oven.

Remove from the oven... & sprinkle 
with sugar AGAIN to add CHARM & more sweet to the taste!


JOIN me over on the
for a COMPLETE episode of showing
step by step on baking THESE scrumptious bites!


JUST in time for 'Valentine's Day'...

ENJOY... every bite... & PLEASE, do let 
me know if you gave THIS sweet a try!

-Blessings... & Happy Valentine's Day!


1 comment:

  1. These are beautiful! I left IG and FB a few weeks back, happy to see that you have a blog still!

    ReplyDelete

GREETINGS... from the farm & THANK YOU... for your time visiting here! I'm DELIGHTED... & hope YOU a blessed, JOYFUL day! ~Pamela Rene