Thursday, November 3, 2011

Preserving the HARVEST...

I JUST can't find myself throwing out all the perfectly good PUMPKINS & SQUASH that we had left over from the Autumn growing season... SO I've now taken half of the harvest, cleaned, scooped & cubed til my heart's content... LOL, there's that word again... CONTENT!
Needless to say, I'm scouting out LOTS of recipes that have PUMPKIN listed as an ingredient.

And I'm EVEN preserving the seed... for roasting. Halloween evening was spent... carving pumpkins, roasting pumpkin seed & sipping on hot tea... WHAT ELSE SPELLS... Autumn!!!

EASY ROASTING...
I rinsed the seed completely removing the pulp, then I bloated with paper towel, tossed with olive oil & seasoned with salt.  Spread on baking sheet at 200 degrees for about 35 - 45 minutes.  I kept watch on them throughout, because it depends on quantity of seed roasting... THEY WERE DELIGHTFUL!

I have MORE to preserve... PLUS I'm saving some for my November decorating indoor... they STILL have much enjoyment to offer.

Autumn Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment

GREETINGS... from the farm & THANK YOU... for your time visiting here! I'm DELIGHTED... & hope YOU a blessed, JOYFUL day! ~Pamela Rene