Saturday, December 22, 2018

Our Hearts Grow Tender...

"Our hearts grow tender with childhood
memories and love of kindred,
and we are better throughout
the year for having, in spirit,
become a child again
at Christmas-time."
- Laura Ingalls Wilder

Tis' several days before
Christmas Day... & STILL
many things to be completed.

The gifts sit waiting for a 
printed paper to entangle them;
the ingredient list for Christmas day
needs marked off & the home could
use a through cleaning.

BUT... what do I do... 
I sit here with the MOST
precious gift... in my arms...
my FIRST grand baby!
My mind can't seem to
focus on any other thing...
his beauty & healthiness 
IS joy to my soul.
A joy that ONLY God could provide
through a small, little child.

The present state of ALL
the things of the world can wait.
For time we can't relive & it 
finds no mercy on anyone.

The gifts are INSIDE...
not on the appearance of that 
beautiful paper.  The ham has
been bought & staples in the cupboards...
so what IF that one dish doesn't 
get prepared OR that favorite cake
isn't baked... I still have my
little family!  And... oh, the dust
bunnies can JUST hide for there'll
be TOO much laughter; stories
to be told & love to be shared to
even notice THAT... 7 layered,
dust covered ceiling fan!

May YOUR Christmas...
be filled with peace; love & JOY!

From my home to YOURS!








No comments:

Post a Comment

GREETINGS... from the farm & THANK YOU... for your time visiting here! I'm DELIGHTED... & hope YOU a blessed, JOYFUL day! ~Pamela Rene